I was planning on skipping right over the Handmaid request, but hakkariart sent me a lovely set of tips on how to roleplay her, so I’m just going to go ahead and post them. This is really helpful - thanks so much, Alex! : )
(I don’t know if you’re still going to do the Handmaid but I figured I’d give a few tips on how I play her, at least)
- She is literally Damara Post-Scratch. Everything Damara does applies to her (at least her teenage version). Younger Handmaids who are attempting to escape LE and Doc Scratch would be just as rebellious and lewd as Damara - though I don’t know if she would speak Japanese or broken English. - Based on Hussie’s quotes if you bring Damara through Openbound Part 3
- She’s called the ‘Demon’, but she’s not actually heartless. It’s heavily implied that she absolutely hates working for Lord English but has to do it anyway.
- There’s a chance that she likes causing chaos, as Damara enjoys breaking things and Aradia likes to watch things fall apart. Still, it’s important to note that even if she likes causing mayhem she doesn’t like doing it for LE.
- The other ancestors know who she is through legacy but I doubt they’d know her closely enough to consider her a friend. She time travels constantly and was ‘born’ after the rest of her session was long dead (except for Condy). I imagine that she lived a very lonely existence and I doubt that she made very many friends.
- She wanted to die. That’s why she fought the Condesce. Her “reward” was death and freedom from LE. If you’re playing a post-death Handmaid I imagine she’d be a lot more like god-tier!Aradia, though I like to think that she has Damara’s attitude!